I Have Stuck With Harry Until the Very End

I Have Stuck With Harry Until the Very End
These are just a few things I learned from Harry Potter.There are so many other things though!

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

My Few Problems With Deathly Hallows Part 2

So,while I thought it was an amazing film,and I understood why they took out some things & loved them for adding some things,I kinda' had some problems with it.So here they are:

1.Fred's Death was so cheap.I mean,this is one of the most beloved characters since book one,and they just showed his body for like 15 seconds.I was left thinking,"That's it?"I was disappointed by that.I mean,I was kinda' looking forward to his death scene.Now,I know that sounds horrible,but wait!I'm not saying I was looking forward to seeing him die.His death was probably the one that affected me most.I was devastated.But I just wanted to see it because I thought it would be a beautiful scene & it would help me to get over it and feel.It would help me close the circle of despair.But it was just left kind of open.So that was disappointing.But I guess those beautiful last words between Fred & George delivered incredibly by Oliver & James Phelps makes up for it.

2.Neville killing Nagini was also,I thought,a bit cheapened.I mean,I thought the build-up was actually great,but it was supposed to be his big moment,his moment to finally be the hero,the star.But I felt like there was too much of Harry,Ron,and Hermione.I also feel like it should've been in front of the whole school with everyone turning to watch,the event drawing every eye,like it was in the book.I also would've like to hear the line "I'll join you when hell freezes over!Dumbledore's Army!" and seen him with the burning Sorting Hat on his head,but I get that you can't have it all.And I guess it was pretty cool how they fit his big moment in with the climax of the entire series.And I guess his amazing,heart-wrenching speech that Matthew Lewis did brilliantly makes up for it.Maybe I'm just being nit-picky because Neville's been my favorite character since book one.

3.Harry & Voldemort flying was the stupidest thing I've ever seen.I'm sorry,but really?When I saw that,I was like "What the hell is this?"It was some dude in the special effects room who wanted to use their cool new special effect for something,so they came up with this.Really,I think if they wanted special effects,they should've just had Neville with the burning Sorting Hat on his head and Nearly Headless Nick return.Which brings me to my next point.

4.Where was Nearly Headless Nick?I was really looking forward to seeing him again!I don't know,maybe I'm overly sentimental,but I really would've liked to see that circle-back to Sorcerer's Stone!I don't understand why they didn't have that.I mean,Luna's "Harry Potter you listen to me right now!" was awesome,and it really showed her growth and how people took her more seriously,but that slightly disappointed me.They could've shown that growth in some other way,right?And kept Nearly Headless Nick in.

5.The Final Duel was supposed to be in the Great Hall!Harry was supposed to tell everyone to back off,this was his fight.And,we didn't see them say the two curses,which I thought kind of lessened the moment.I don't know,that's just me.I mean,it was the climax of the entire series,the moment and point the whole thing had been building up to,and,I don't know,I just imagined it all to be...bigger.More climatic.More a feeling of completeness.















6.Bellatrix's Death when she turned into crystals.What the hell was that?I get that when Voldemort died he was fading away,and I thought that was actually a pretty nice cinematic touch.But that crystals thing was just kind of annoying and pointless.That's just what I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment