I Have Stuck With Harry Until the Very End

I Have Stuck With Harry Until the Very End
These are just a few things I learned from Harry Potter.There are so many other things though!

Monday, October 17, 2011

For the Love of God!

There's this dude who has a blog about how Harry Potter relates to the Torah.Really?I think he's reading a bit too much into this.I also have this book,the HP Source-book,and it's actually really cool and interesting,but it tells how J.K. Rowling named Harry's parents James & Lily in relation to the bible.Again,I think that's taking it a bit too far.I mean,really,what the hell?Let's keep in in perspective.Do you really think she cared about this when she came up with the names?NO.She probably just said,"Hm,James & Lily.Sounds nice.Cute.All right,that's done."I know she took a considerable amount of time on certain characters' names,especially Neville,changing his from Neville Puff to Neville Sidebottom to finally Neville Longbottom.Then it took her 2 times to get Hermione's from Hermione Puckle to Hermione Granger.And she changed Draco Malfoy from Draco Malfoy to Spungen Malfoy to Spinks Malfoy then back to Draco.But honestly,I don't think she was thinking of the Bible or any other religious text.She was just trying to think of names that fit characters,and not because of the Bible.

No comments:

Post a Comment