I Have Stuck With Harry Until the Very End

I Have Stuck With Harry Until the Very End
These are just a few things I learned from Harry Potter.There are so many other things though!

Monday, January 30, 2012

30 Day Harry Potter Challenge-Day 3

Day 3: Is there any of the films adaptations that have made you angry because they’ve ignored important parts of the book?





Oh my God,yes!Half-Blood Prince.I am about to list everything that was wrong with that film.Look out,rant coming here.


1.The Harry/Ginny kiss!What the HELL was that supposed to be?!?!I mean,it was cute,it was sweet,but it was NOT HARRY/GINNY!Harry & Ginny have fiery chemistry & a spontaneous relationship.The book kiss was absolutely perfect.The movie got it SO WRONG!


2.There was way too few Pensieve scenes!Seriously,what happened to the Gaunts?Where was Hepzibah Smith?How about Bob Ogden?I really wish we had gotten to see these!!!!!!!!!!


3.Where was the FUNERAL?!?!?!Seriously,the death of Albus Dumbledore was absolutely dentremental to the Wizarding World.The affect it had on people was horrible.Madam Pomfrey was in hysterics,for crying out loud!That's what it was like!People weren't able to comprehend this loss for weeks.Constant crying from some,just shocked silence from others.Seamus had a full-out shouting match with his mother about insisting on staying at Hogwarts for the funeral.The Patil twins had to leave because their parents figured Hogwarts was no longer safe.There was a beautiful funeral that laid to rest the Greatest Wizard of the Age.What does the movie have?They hold up some lit wands,Harry cries on Ginny's shoulder,and that's pretty much it.No,I'm sorry,Steve Kloves,that doesn't cut it.


Those are just the 3 major things,I could go on and on with this list.But it was still a great film,of course.Just this was the one that was least true  to the book.


And,of course,I WANT PEEVES!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment